Internship: Software Development QA Analyst - U.S. Remote Position
At Ksana Health we are committed to providing personalized digital mental health tools and support that help people live better lives. We are passionate about reducing the friction, stigma, and expense around the current century-old model of mental health treatment. Ksana Health is committed to “Health Equity” – both in treating mental health on par with physical health and also by helping underserved populations receive effective and affordable care.
As we grow our business, Ksana is seeking an Intern to help as a QA Analyst on our Software Development team. In this role, you will work 12-16 hours per week over the course of the academic year, with the potential to expand into a full-time Software Engineer role. The starting salary is $20 per hour. This position can be located anywhere, but candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
Your contribution to the mission:
As a Software Development QA Analyst, you will be responsible for methodically testing our EARS and MVP apps across devices and platforms, monitoring AWS uploads, and documenting and communicating errors. A successful Intern could potentially expand their role into a full-time Software Engineering position - learning the iOS and Android codebases, contributing to code patches and updates, making pull requests and learning AWS architecture.
This entry-level role is an excellent opportunity to develop working knowledge of Git, perform Pulls and Pushes, write Java and Swift code, and use cutting-edge platforms such as AWS, Jira and Agile. We are committed to providing professional development and mentorship throughout your Internship, helping you to achieve career goals.
In addition, you will:
• Load different versions of the app on multiple phones, complete the Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA’s), then check AWS to make sure each data stream is arriving. Repeat after every app update looking for new issues.
• Maintain accurate documentation of test results and procedures as well as EMA responses, app versions, phones, and other relevant data so the team can cross-reference to find issues.
• Test iOS and Android apps with a set of testing objectives.
• Test functionality of AWS cloud-based architecture after being given proper training and orientation.
• Be able to anticipate bugs and fringe cases that a user might encounter when using an application
• Contribute to other testing objectives as decided by the Software Engineering team.
The ideal candidate for this role has the following experience:
• Currently obtaining or having obtained a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
• An understanding of source control (Git)
• Intermediate experience in Python
• Some command-line experience
• Basic coding knowledge
• Able to identify bugs when reviewing source code
• Able to navigate AWS
• Familiarity with R is a plus!
The ideal candidate for this role has the following qualities and skills:
• Strong documentation skills
• Strong communication skills
• Focused on quality and excellence
• A quick learner
• Fun and easy to work with
• A hard-worker and collaborative
• Exceptional planning, time management, and multitasking skills
• Passion for our products and our mission
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
If you have the skills for this position, would like to have an impact, and are interested in joining a supportive and dedicated team, please email your résumé and a brief description of why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a current student, be sure to include a list of relevant courses as well as your GPA. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ksana Health is committed to creating an environment free of harassment or discrimination of any kind, with the core principle of equal opportunity for all. Employment decisions at Ksana Health are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not consider your gender, gender expression or identity, race, age color, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, family or parental status, or any other status. We are a progressive and open-minded meritocracy and encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. If you are smart, good at what you do and willing to serve our clients to the best of your ability, we welcome you.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.